The Catholic Standard & Times

''The Catholic Standard & Times,'' published from 1895 to 2012, was the official newspaper of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia.

It was the product of the merger of two earlier Catholic newspapers of Philadelphia. The ''Catholic Standard,'' the official organ of the Diocese of Philadelphia, was published by Wm. Pepper & Co. from January 6, 1866, to November 30, 1895. The ''Catholic Times'' ran from December 3, 1892, to November 23, 1895.

''The Catholic Standard & Times'' published its first issue on December 7, 1895. Until its last few years, it published 50 times per year, except the week of July 4 and the last week of the year. It won numerous press awards from the Philadelphia Press Association and the Catholic Press Association and was a member of the latter.

The newspaper received no funding from the archdiocese; revenues came from advertising and parish and home subscriptions. In 2007, declining revenue led the paper to begin to cut costs. In 2011, it moved to a monthly schedule. It was discontinued in July 2012.

Although the physical newspaper is no longer in publication, the website CatholicPhilly.com remains active and is the official news website of the archdiocese. Provided by Wikipedia
Showing 1 - 9 results of 9 for search 'Catholic Standard and Times.', query time: 0.01s Refine Results
  1. 1
    Location: PAHRC Library, Philadelphia Archdiocesan Historical Research Center (PAHRC)
    Get full text
    Newspaper
  2. 2
    Location: PAHRC Library, Philadelphia Archdiocesan Historical Research Center (PAHRC)
    Get full text
    Newspaper
  3. 3
    Location: PAHRC Library, Philadelphia Archdiocesan Historical Research Center (PAHRC)
    Get full text
    Newspaper
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
    Location: PAHRC Library, Philadelphia Archdiocesan Historical Research Center (PAHRC)
    Get full text
    Pamphlet
  9. 9